THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Kidding Kidding Shoe Baby.....

(The kidding, kidding shoe part is explained at the end)

SOOOO I had my 39 wk appt yesterday. The dr did a sonogram because he found the heartbeat on my left side instead of the usual right lower. Well low and behold this little one is in complete breech position. The head is right under my right side ribs and the butt is in my pelvis. So hurray the dr wanted to do a ECV (external cephelic version) (manual reposition to vertex-head down). (NOW THAT WAS COMPLETE SARCASM!!!!)

I had to get an epidural for this because its quite painful. I felt tons of pressure so I cant imagine what it would have been like w/o one!!!! They were successful at turning head down BUT the baby managed to turn right back up to the original position. ECV=disapointing waste of time.

SOOOO now if the baby does not turn by itself in the next week at my next appt on Tues. they'll schedule a c-section.

The only reason I didnt have one scheduled this week is because the dr wants to try everything to avoid a c-section since I have this PUPPPS thing (the itchy rash that is a evil, nasty, side effect of some pregnancies) for risk of infection and so forth.

I assume this child wont turn since there will be even less room in there everyday and being forced apparently is not ok. What a drama king/queen!!!

*****Hey at least we finally have our digital camera so we'll get to post pictures as soon as the baby is out after the c-section******

Kidding, Kidding Shoe explained: Brandon, when he was about 1st-2nd gradeish, maybe younger, was riding in the car with everyone and he happened to have a sugar daddy (the caramel candy on a stick). Apparently no one wanted to talk with him so he engaged in conversation with his awesome gray velcro shoes.....He asked if the shoe wanted a sugar daddy, then he said "oh kidding kidding shoe". Yeah great story I know. But it was just an excuse to make fun of him the rest of his days.....Its a common phrase in our family......We think its still hilarious. Although we are all pretty much dorks to begin with soooooo.......

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE "kidding kidding shoe"!! I say it constantly, and I'm sure my kids will pick up on it soon enough!! I hate that you had to go through all that for no reason...that sucks! Hopefully he/she will decide to come soon and he/she will be beautiful and healthy and we'll all get to ooh and aah for awhile!! YAY! Love you sis, take care of yourself!!